If you want to add business email account to Gmail or you can add any other webmail account from your favorite service. You’ll be able to see mail from both accounts together in your Gmail inbox, allowing you to skim the messages in one window and act on those that require your attention without having to switch between a browser window.You can also use Gmail’s advanced search functionality to search for messages from both accounts, even if they aren’t in your regular inbox.
If you’re looking to connect business email account or any other webmail account to your Gmail account, you’re at the right place. After this tutorial, you’ll be able to access mails of your business email (webmail) into your personal Gmail account that allows you to skim the messages in one window and act on those that require your attention without having to switch between a browser window. You can also use Gmail’s advanced search functionality to search for messages from both accounts, even if they aren’t in your regular inbox.
First of all if you have a business email and you want to add that email to your Gmail account you must have the required things –
- You will need your incoming and outgoing mail server addresses as well as their port.
- The username and password for the email account
- SSL settings [SSL/TLS or none]
- A Gmail account
NOTE : We need the SMTP and POP3 configuration.
Secure SSL/TLS ON (Recommended)
|Password:||Use the email account’s password.|
IMAP Port: 993 POP3 Port: 995
SMTP Port: 465
|IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.|
If you have the above information, let’s get started and add the email to our Gmail account.
Receive the emails from the another account in Gmail
Or How to check mails from other account
- Open Gmail in your browser and go to Settings -> See all Settings.
2. Select Accounts and Import from the menu on the top and click on “Add a mail account” where it says “Check mail from other accounts”.
3. Fill up the information asked with the configuration settings that you got before
4. You are all done, now you can receive emails from another account in Gmail, next setup the outgoing server so you can send emails from Gmail using another email account.
Send the emails from the another account in Gmail
The way to send emails using IMAP is different from how you access them. In order to send an email all you need is the full message’s content and the recipient’s address. This is because IMAP does not (natively) support sending mails, it only works for fetching mail. Thus, if you want to send an email attachment, you should also be able to view the full body of the message, save attachments and even edit them directly in Google Mail:
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. In the “IMAP access” section, select Enable IMAP.
5. Click Save Changes.
6. Change SMTP & other settings in your email client.
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server||imap.gmail.com|
Requires SSL: Yes
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server||smtp.gmail.com|
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires TLS: Yes (if available)
Requires Authentication: Yes
Port for SSL: 465
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
|Full Name or Display Name||Your name|
|Account Name, User name, or Email address||Your full email address|
|Password||Your Gmail password|
That’s all you are ready to setup your email from IMAP/POP in Gmail.
If this is something that you found this helpful, feel free to submit your application on our contact us page or send us an email at [email protected]
We have wide range of services to offer including custom software solution, e-commerce websites, mobile apps development etc. For full list of services please visit our services page.